Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I'm Not Complicated But This World Is

Walking in D.C this morning I realized that no memorial to peace exists. Dead men, (some with epitaphs written by speechwriters) and wars, that is what I saw on this trip. I suspect that if women had been making the decisions about their children dying in wars, at the very least some if not most conflict would have been avoided.

My friend Sarah asked me today if I thought Love was a priori. I think it is. It is first intuited at birth and sensed as result. We have to know/feel it within ourselves before we can recognize it in others. That is why not being self centered allows one to see this world through the eyes of God (albeit a much more myopic view.)

I saw the human bodies exhibit in Alexandria today. This life is such a miracle and it is so beautiful. To see the actual composition of our amazing machines harkens me back to the profound sense of being I experience deep within. I know that our lives are no accident and the most important and amazing lessons we learn remain those about who we truly are less not necessarily what we are doing.

So the truth is simple because we carry it around inside of us, living for it requires the tenacity that unlocks the heart of God.

Michael Montrief